Acer Aspire one AOA 110-Aw Model ZG5 (Dead BIOS?)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by radfordman, Dec 19, 2009.

1. radfordman

radfordman

Hi there. I’m new here and a bit of a novice. If this is not the correct place to post perhaps a Moderator would move it, thanks.

My Aspire One has hardly been used because it had Linux on it and it would not recognize my 3 USB broadband dongle (ZTE MF667). I know that there are fixes for this but I could not follow them not being familiar with Linux.

I decided to install Windows XP as this easily recognizes the 3 dongle. XP was installed using an external optical drive with a USB connection.

XP installed OK (if slow) and worked OK for a while until it crashed. I could not recover it, so decided to reinstall XP from the optical drive.

This is when the trouble started. I changed the boot sequence to USB in the BIOS and now the machine appears dead. The BIOS screen does not even come up.

I suspect that the BIOS is corrupted.

Can someone provide a solution to this problem? Reset BIOS? or if not possible, flash the BIOS. It would have to be step by step. What Bios to download, how to install it etc.

Thanks in advance.

radfordman, Dec 19, 2009
  2. radfordman

radfordman

radfordman, Dec 19, 2009
Ask a Question