Acer aspire one and partly transparent mouse cursor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Roessi, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Roessi

Roessi

Hi all. I have tried to search solution to my problem from this forum and Internet, but I haven't found anything like this. I have reinstalled Linpus Linux to my Acer Aspire One many times. While ago right after Linpus installation my mouse cursor became partly transparent. It's extremely difficult to use GUI. I have tried to reinstall Linpus 3 times and I have tried two different versions. I have also tried Kuki Linux. I have updated Bios to version 3310. But nothing seems to fix this problem.

What makes this even more strange is that once I move my mouse cursor to the very right side of the screen, mouse cursor returns back to normal, but there are not too many spots where cursor is like it should be. Everything else on the screen is displayed correctly.

Any help suggestions are welcome, because I have no idea what could cause this, if it's not SW problem. And I haven't changed any settings from Bios, I have upgraded system memory, but it was way before this problem appeared. Thanks in advance.

Roessi, Aug 2, 2009
  2. Roessi

Roessi

Problem solved. Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add following lines in to it.

"Section Device"
    Option "HWCursor" "off"
    Option "SWCursor" "on"

Roessi, Aug 27, 2009
Ask a Question