Acer Aspire One 725 won't power on

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by futant, Apr 27, 2013.

1. futant

futant

Hello, I have been searching around for a solution to this problem, but can't find anything that quite applies. I recently (a couple of months ago) bought a new Aspire One 725 (Windows 8 pre-installed, replaced with Ubuntu 12.04), and a week in had the first problem with powering on, ie it wouldn't. An LED would flash orange three times and then nothing. A few days later I managed to power it on again, but after shutting down after that session it would not power up again, just the three orange flashes.
    I took out the battery and had some success - it powered up fine, booted fine and was fully operational, but after shutting down it is now completely unresponsive. When I try to power it up now there are no noises, no LED light, nothing at all with that battery in or out...
    I have read about BIOS problems and an update issue, but as it booted up fine recently am not sure that this is the issue.
    One (slightly paranoid) thought is that just before (as in an hour or so before) the first problem I had covered up the webcam. When I uncovered it that was when it powered up again. I then covered the webcam again and after that it wouldn't power on at all. This may be completely unrelated but I thought I'd mention it, as it was the only thing that had changed. Can anyone help me out here?

futant, Apr 27, 2013
  2. futant

something back

Return it under warranty would be my first thought. Some web sites are listing a battery style problem linked to a orange flashing light. No guarantees 1 Try removing the battery “power up without battery”. 2 Second try pressing F10 and ALT at power on to see if the motherboard setting are listed. 3 It wont be a bios problem, if it does show the motherboard settings in “the boot section” see if the harddrive is listed. 4 try connecting it to a external monitor it could be a monitor problem?

something back, Apr 28, 2013
Ask a Question