Acer Aspire one 725-0687

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by 1 confused kitten, Jan 23, 2013.

1. 1 confused kitten

1 confused kitten

hello everyone, i could really use a little help here. i have an Acer Aspire one 725-0687 that i'm trying to upgarde but so far all i have been able to upgrade is the ram, it came with 2 gigs and i took it to 4 gigs. but my question is this: what other upgrades are possible for this model (if any)? i've been to the Acer site and they dont even have this model listed! nor have i been able to find anything like a spec sheet on it! its like it doesnt exist! i'm certain i cant be the only person that has this thing! or can i?

this is what i know about it: AMD Dual Core Processor C-70 with Turbo Core Technology up to 1.333 GHz.....2 GB DDR3 moemroy(now 4)......320 GB HDD......4 cell Li-ion battery
    that is what is on the sticker!
    any help at all is better than no help!
    thanks for the time and thank you for anything anyone can tell me.....in advance

1 confused kitten, Jan 23, 2013
  2. 1 confused kitten

MarkDude

I just got a new Aspire One 725-0687 and I bumped it up to 4Gb RAM right away. I plan to replace the hard drive with a SSD to increase performance and battery life. I also plan on upgrading the CPU as soon as I can locate more information on this model.

MarkDude, Feb 24, 2013
  3. 1 confused kitten

1 confused kitten

To MarkDude......AO725-0687

Mark.....i hope you have better luck at finding something like a spec sheet than i've had! if you wouldnt mind, would you send the link to where you find any and all info to me?
    sorry to bother you but i'm starting to get a bit desperate here....lol.
    have a great day and ty for your post Mark.....your the only other person so far that i've "heard" of that has this model.

1 confused kitten, Feb 24, 2013
  4. 1 confused kitten

MarkDude

I have not been able to find any technical documents online for this model. So, in the name of "scientific exploration" and since I have experience repairing laptops, I tore my Aspire One 725-0687 completely apart on my kitchen table; the CPU/APU/GRAPHICS chip is soldered to the motherboard so there is no way to upgrade CPU or GPU, forget about running 3D CAD or Battlefield 3. I did find out that this model DOES work with 8Gb DDR3 RAM modules available here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-1x8GB...r=8-5&keywords=Aspire+One+725-0687+8Gb+memory
    If you read the comments from previous buyers of this RAM you'll see that it works fine, so I'm going to order one for mine.

MarkDude, Feb 25, 2013
  5. 1 confused kitten

1 confused kitten

TY so much Mark, this was a total but pleasant shock to me! I generally go with "crucial.com" for my ram which is how i found out i could go to 4 gigs. It never dawned on me that crucial's scanner wouldnt give something like this info though! checking on the memory now.
    TY again Mark....now you have me watching my emails even closer to see if you come up with more surprises and tricks!! hehe

1 confused kitten, Feb 25, 2013
Ask a Question