Acer Aspire One 722 and Youtube.com HTML5 playback problems

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by vehementflame, May 5, 2012.

1. vehementflame

vehementflame

Hello,

I have noticed that Youtube.com is forcing html5 on some of their videos and I am experiencing a lot of playback problems with them. The video is choppy and sometimes the sounds goes out of sync, especially in Google Chrome. I am curious if any of you, who have the same laptop, are noticing the same thing. I am using Firefox (12.0) mostly. I find that it is even worse when playing those same videos in Google Chrome (18.0.1025.168 m). This happens in either full screen mode, which is worse, or not in full screen mode. I even find that 360p is choppy. I would have expected that this little laptop should have been able to play such videos but it doesn't seem so.

One such video is this one

vehementflame, May 5, 2012
  2. vehementflame

vehementflame

Found a fix for my own problem in a video someone shared on Youtube.com. Whoohoo!! For Firefox, at least. Google Chrome is still a problem. You have to read the comments of the video for the fix.

vehementflame, May 18, 2012
Ask a Question