Acer Aspire One 532h and acerhdf module

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Chycky, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Chycky

Chycky

The Ubuntu module acerhdf won't work on the Acer Aspire One 532h netbook having the n450 processor. The syslog complain about wrong BIOS version trying to load the module using modprobe acerhdf in Ubuntu 10.04. I have checked the source code at and I have asked the developer about the support of 532h in acerhdf. Unforunately the acerhdf module doesn't support the 532h netbook. Does anyone have any idea of how to get fan control to work in some way? I know there is a BIOS control that changes the speed of the fan but I think the fan goes on at a very low temperature. I want to increase the temperature level so that the netbook will be quiet at a higher temperature too. I don't have the programming skills to understand and change the source code of acerhdf myself but maybe someone else have? Otherwise, is it possible to control the fan in another way, like change the way BIOS does it? BIOS doesn't have any settings at all in BIOS version 1.21 letting me change the fan speed.

How do I solve this problem?

Here's the source code of acerhdf: http://piie.net/index.php?section=acerhdf

Chycky, Jul 2, 2010
Ask a Question