Acer Aspire One 150 A/B - Purchased from Asda

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by iglaswegian, Mar 13, 2009.

1. iglaswegian

iglaswegian

Hi Everyone

Apologies for the lame question i'm about to ask.

I purchased my Acer Aspire One from Asda around two months ago and i've been having wifi issues with it. The problems occurred right out from the box when I opened it although did not bother taking it back as I didn't really intend on using it a lot. Heck, for £150 - it was a pretty good deal.

Although, that said - recently, i've been using it more and more... and its becoming very frustrating. The internet will dissapear at random times and won't even come on after a restart. Yes, i've tried messing about with the firewall and wifi settings. I've got other machines in the house which work fine with the router.

My question is - will Acer fix this? Its still in the 12 month warranty, has anyone had any luck Acer fixing their machines? If Acer will fix this, will I need to put linux back on or will the XP which I installed be fine?

Again, apologies for the noob question but its started to do my $%£@ in big time.

iglaswegian, Mar 13, 2009
  2. iglaswegian

sivogt

Hi

Yes, Acer will attempt to fix it, possibly just by updating the bios, so you may want to try and do this yourself and see if that helps.

I bought 2 from Asda and have yet to have any problems with these but did update the bios before really doing anything with them. Previously we bought one from Play.com this has been back to Acer twice both for problems with the screen going blank - the first time the machine was back within a week with just the bios updated, the same problem persisted and it was sent back again to them the next week and again was back within a week with a new screen and has worked fine ever since.

So I have found their repair process to be efficient from a timescale point of view but not really up to much from a diagnosis point of view.

sivogt, Mar 15, 2009
  3. iglaswegian

iglaswegian

Hi

I appreciate you getting back in touch - will update the firmware now and see how things go.

Again, cheers mate.

iglaswegian, Mar 21, 2009
Ask a Question