Acer Aspire not booting after BIOS upgrade

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cookiemonster, Oct 17, 2010.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Hi all

I have an Acer Aspire which was refusing to boot and it was recommended to update the bios to me as it sounded like the bios was not seeing the hard drive. I followed the instruction as set out by Acer here >> http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/08/acer ... overy.html regarding bios recovery. All seemed to go ok but it did not restart. After 5 minutes I powered it down to retry the process but now it just stays at a black screen. It will let me access recovery mode where the power light is flashing but it will not upgrade the bios when I press the power button again.

cookiemonster, Oct 17, 2010
  2. cookiemonster

melhiore

Had similar issue with mine. Try to remove battery for couple of minutes and try again. Helped with mine....

melhiore, Oct 17, 2010
  3. cookiemonster

ZG5Nissan

You may have to try several times to get it to take. I had to try 4 or 5 different times with 3 different sticks before it would finally take. Just be sure to wait about 10 minutes before trying again each time.

ZG5Nissan, Oct 18, 2010
Ask a Question