ACER ASPIRE NETBOOK ONE ISSUES IE cant display webpage yet its connected

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tracey, Nov 22, 2016.

1. tracey

tracey

hI , I have brought an acer aspire one netbook second hand seen working on purchase . anyway after bringing it home and testing it it appeared not to connect after afew tries it connected signal says excellent , problem is it wont load pages , the only page i can load is BING then it will load to ebay if you want youtube it says IE could not display the web page , at a point we got it working on windows 7 but it came up with certificate errors on page and such saying that some sites were not safe , we reset it back to factory settings to try again , had to enter ip address manually, connected again but when going to load a page it says IE cannot display the webpage ! frustrating as it says its connected and it will load bing as search engine but it wont load anything else , this did come with some kind of security mcfee i believe was told to try taking this off to see if it helps , this was brought for my daughter as a gift for xmas :/ so its very very frustrating ive no idea what to do next ... its model zg5 and is currently on windows 7 any advice please

tracey, Nov 22, 2016
  2. tracey

Ian Administrator

Hi Tracey,

Resetting back to factory settings is a good start, especially for a laptop that you'll want clean of previous data. I don't understand the bit where you talk about entering the IP address manually?

What I would try is factory reset the laptop again, connect to your wifi network, run Windows Update a few times (you can search for it on the start menu) and keep running it until it has downloaded all of the updates (you may need to restart a few times between updates). The reason for doing this is that Windows 7 has been out for many years now, and there are lots of patches available for it. Once you've got the laptop full updated (may take hours!), give Internet Explorer another go (it'll be a much newer version once the updates are complete).

If that fails, can you try downloading Google Chrome and see if that browser works? It may help troubleshoot the problem:

https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Ian, Nov 23, 2016
    tracey likes this.
  3. tracey

tracey

hi thank u google chrome will not load whatso ever , i do get an option after rest to use the windows 7 internet explorer or choose my own search engine , its so frustrating with it bieng a gift , some stated send it to a shop but it would be costly we have had it on internet once but with errors on page left right and centre now its updated and still the same thanks for the reply btw

tracey, Nov 23, 2016
Ask a Question