Acer Aspire Keyboard Issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jarethscrystalball, Feb 6, 2009.

1. jarethscrystalball

jarethscrystalball

I don't know if I'm in the right place or not but I have an Acer Aspire M1640. I've owned it for about 5 months, but I've noticed a 'problem' with the keyboard the consistently bugs me and I want to know if there's a feature I can use to stop it.
    Whenever I use the 'comma' or "inverted comma" key, I have to press the space-bar immediately afterwards to activate it. This does not occur with any other key on the keyboard (although I haven't yet utilised them all), and I just wondered if you can set it to type normally somehow, or if this is an indication of a fault with my product?

JCB

jarethscrystalball, Feb 6, 2009
  2. jarethscrystalball

maxeem

maybe it is the function of the keyboard which allows you to add an accent to vowels?

if you type the inverted comma and then an "o" does it type an accented o? because that could be a keyboard language issue. the "space" then basically negates the vowel option and prints the normal character, if that is all it is.

maxeem, Feb 8, 2009
  3. jarethscrystalball

info

Do you have any macro, remapping or hotkey programs running? Does it happen in the browser only or in all programs?

info, Feb 8, 2009
  4. jarethscrystalball

Forone

Forone, Feb 9, 2009
  5. jarethscrystalball

jarethscrystalball

That appears to be what it's doing, yes. Is it possible to change the language setting? I currently have it set to United States International, as far as I know. I have tried to change the settings, to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

JCB

jarethscrystalball, Feb 12, 2009
  6. jarethscrystalball

Karlos

I have the same problem.

any ideas yet?

Karlos, Mar 19, 2009
Ask a Question