Acer Aspire E1-532 boot after 8-10 hours

Discussion in 'Acer' started by harry21deo, Mar 12, 2015.

1. harry21deo

harry21deo

i have got this laptop recently from Italy. it was working properly with windows 8.1. a month ago i put this lappy back in cupboard for a week then last week i turned this on but it didn't. after leaving it on with connected charger for whole night in morning i pressed space bar. i got the display but touch pad was not working. i connected my wireless k/b & mouse with it & it worked. after doing some work i shut down the pc. at evening i turned it on again but it didn't. same story again. when i press f2 to enter into bios nothing happen.

it's blank screen with hdd blinking & others blue. i went to acer service center they checked it & said the m/b is faulty.
    my question is " if its faulty m/b then why i m getting it worked after couple of hours (seriously its working alright without any glitch).
    could somebody plzz help me to get it back.

harry21deo, Mar 12, 2015
  2. harry21deo

something back

It may well prove to be a faulty motherboard?

However lets try a few things first, it would seem that the laptop has been programmed to
    go into sleep mode rather than turning off,given you say that I was woken up using the
    space bar.

This sleep mode setting can in itself prove to be problematic.

Firstly your laptop with the power lead in and turned on it should awaken instantly
    and not require any additional time for resetting ect.

Question by pressing the power button and immediately pressing the f2 key does anything happen
    it should show the bios screen. Retry this method a few times, it could just be a faulty on off switch.

You could also have a faulty power unit or dc power jack problem.

The fact that your keypad does not work could be down to a software problem.

something back, Mar 12, 2015
  3. harry21deo

harry21deo

thanx something back
    but nothing is happening here.
    i tried changing my other laptops adapter. its not faulty on/off switch because when i press it it turns on the laptop.i accept that my keypad problem may be a software issue but why the screen is completely blank

harry21deo, Mar 13, 2015
  4. harry21deo

something back

It's looking like it is the motherboard fault sorry to say.

Some times it could have been a video driver problem causing problems, stopping the screen
    showing. Or a harddrive failure, the golden rule is to see if it boots to bios screen, if it did all
    other problems could have been identified.

something back, Mar 13, 2015
Ask a Question