Acer Aspire 7520 - Doesn't Boot Up

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Kayleighgreen21, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Kayleighgreen21

Kayleighgreen21

Hi all,
    I'll start from the beginning and give you all what is wrong. So hopefully get the advice i need.
    First of all the laptop is 4 years old, they was nothing wrong with it for that period (yes had to do a few bios recovery to get it back to factory setting but worked fine) then my brother wanted to update it to windows 7 as its better then vista (I liked vista). He wiped my hard drive there fore i lost i acer bios and the drives, He then got a dodgy version on windows 7 so had to find a copy of vista to put back on to it (as i weren't very happy). He then downloaded all the drivers from the acer website and kinda put it back (it was very laggy tho).

Then one day i lost the sound which killed me, so i went on the acer and downloaded the driver as it stated that no sound driver was found..... That didn't work then my acer driver starting slowly disappearing. So i went on the acer website and downloaded bios recovery which fixes bugs and well it completely destroyed my laptop..

The problem now is have no screen,
    the hdd light flashes when i turn it on and then after 30 seconds it stops.

The hdd has been reformatted and wiped, and i have purchased the acer aspire 7520 recovery disk, and have been given a authentic copy windows xp.

But i cant get the laptop to boot up to install the new disks on.

Any help or advice would greatly been appreciated..

I know you may say its old get rid, but i cant afford a new one at the moment so would like to try to fix it before binning it ( at least i can i tried to fix it)

Thanks

Kayleigh

Kayleighgreen21, Oct 16, 2012
  2. Kayleighgreen21

something back

Hi lets start to identify what’s working and what’s viable. Press the power button on, and then the F2 key only rapidly. This should bring up the motherboard screen. Please report back.

something back, Oct 16, 2012
  3. Kayleighgreen21

Kayleighgreen21

I've tried f2 and nothing and also fn+f10 for the acer recovery screen and nothing appears. I don't even get the acer white logo flash up on the screen.
    Thanks for your help

Kayleighgreen21, Oct 17, 2012
  4. Kayleighgreen21

something back

Take a look at this link http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/333 The same principle should apply accept downloading the latest acer 7520 bios. The bios is held on the motherboard and not the harddrive. Acer do have a emergency bios routine built into the chip. A quick internet search may help with you model number. There's no guarantee though. All the rest of your hardware should be working if I understand you explanations. It's ALT and F10 to do a acer erecovery. also try to remove the ram and then refit Although not the same model here's a video to help [ame]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    something back, Oct 17, 2012
  5. Kayleighgreen21

Kayleighgreen21

That didn't work either. Think the laptop needs to go in bin. Thanks for your advice

Kayleighgreen21, Oct 18, 2012
  6. Kayleighgreen21

something back

The very last suggestions are replace the cmos battery (motherboard battery) check that the fan is not blocked and is working good luck

something back, Oct 18, 2012
  7. Kayleighgreen21

john

Connect the laptop with external monitor and check. If it works, then the problem is with monitor.

john, Nov 5, 2012
  8. Kayleighgreen21

Kayleighgreen21

I have tried that already and tried it with all the suggestions. Still nothing no screen on either monitors. :(

Kayleighgreen21, Nov 6, 2012
Ask a Question