acer aspire 5750 wont boot

Discussion in 'Acer' started by dabbysgirl6931, Dec 31, 2011.

1. dabbysgirl6931

dabbysgirl6931

i dropped my acer aspire 5750 and now it wont boot or load windows 7 from cd it does go past bios and set up loads but wont load windows from my 64 bit dvd or recovery.It also took like 2 hours to get the drive options set and wouldn't format then setup ended. I have noticed everything seems to work normally on bios but past that,no luck..can anyone help me please?? thank you.... it has core i3,3gb ram (2+1), nvidia graphics and is 4 months old...

dabbysgirl6931, Dec 31, 2011
  2. dabbysgirl6931

something back

Firstly you have my sympathy. I doubt your warranty will cover this.

If it's still booting the bios then it's possible that you have only damaged the hard drive a very simple process to change.

Have you tried the acer recovery first via pressing the alt and the f10 keys together when you press the on button.

Place a towel on a flat surface, Turn your laptop over, there’s a panel running nearly the full length of your laptop at the front with two screws, undo the two screws. The harddrive and ram are easy to remove and replace.

Before writing off the harddrive use another computer to download a linux operating system like Ubuntu to cd. Ubuntu will allow you to test the Ubuntu operating system from cd without installing it on to you laptop. If it works then your laptops not as bad as you thought.

something back, Dec 31, 2011
Ask a Question