Acer Aspire 5740G problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Xenon54, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Xenon54

Xenon54

Hello, After my hard drive recently failed i changed it and the laptop has been running smoothly.
    That is until today where and while watching a twitch.tv stream the screen turned white and then the laptop shutdown.
    I tried to restart it but the same problem happened under the same circumstances.
    the laptop is an Acer Aspire 5740G

Xenon54, Feb 6, 2015
  2. Xenon54

something back

Some ideas twitch.tv stream could be running a video codex that clashes with
    your video driver.

Your video driver may need updating?

Dependent on which version of windows you are running, for windows 7 go to the start button
    bottom left and type device manager or for windows 8+ goto the top right and in the search window type device manager.

Once their scroll down to display adapters choose your driver then right click and choose update driver then restart your machine.

something back, Feb 8, 2015
  3. Xenon54

Brian8gbSSDLinux

I fully agree with the suggestion by Something back but would also like to add...

Wednesday last week was, I believe MS monthly Update day - it is possible that MS updated your Video driver...

I suggest that you check to see if your Display Adaptor Driver page, has the Roll Back feature enabled...

If it is enabled... then the driver had been updated recently...
    Click on the Roll back button and see if that clears the fault.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 11, 2015
Ask a Question