Acer Aspire 5738ZG BIOS flash

Discussion in 'Acer' started by igor253, Jul 13, 2011.

1. igor253

igor253

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I really hope that someone can help me. I have a problem with my notebook, Aspire 5738ZG. Every time I press the power button (AC Adapter, USB Mouse, Enthernet cable connected) I get a black screen. So I turn it off and turn it on again a couple of times these last few days and nothing happened. Then I found out that if I just unplug the USB mouse, the notebook boots up fine everything works except for the USB ports, so than I can't connect anything to the usb ports, now this is beginning to annoy me, really it's WEIRD! I searched the net for a couple of hours, and found out that a lot of people were having same problems but on different models of Acer notebooks, and found out that my BIOS probably needs to be updated/flashed. My BIOs version was 1.16 before I went to "www.acer.com" and downloaded a BIOS 1.25 version. I tried to update it using the BIOS from that site, but my notebook shut down when the update was at the end, but didn't quite complete the process. Now my BIOS version is 1.25, but nothing was fixed. My notebook works just like it did before, no changes what so ever. I also tried to update BIOS to 1.28 also downloaded from the Acer site but now when I run the batch file I get this "DRIVER(WDM) Init fail!(0x137)"

So can anyone PLEASE help me, or suggest another method to fix this?
    Thanks!

igor253, Jul 13, 2011
Ask a Question