acer aspire 5630 no power at all

Discussion in 'Acer' started by pocket, Mar 18, 2013.

1. pocket

pocket

hey everyone i got a acer aspire 5630 that is getting no power at all the power supply is working and sending power to the laptop but the laptop show no signs of life at all no lights won't turn on nothing can anyone help me and tell me what the problem might be?

pocket, Mar 18, 2013
  2. pocket

Nestone50

Nothing? No fan, no LED lights? Sounds like your lappy is DOA. Anything happen the last time it worked? A puff of smoke or a burning smell? Could be a bad power on button. Before giving your computer its last rites, try this:

Remove the large back cover and remove the ram,under the ram you should see terminal labelled "J3" on the PCB, short this out with a screw driver for a few seconds. Then reinstall the ram and power the laptop back up.

Another tip would be to remove the battery and AC power, then hold down the power button for 30 secs. Then try to boot again with the power connected. This has helped me on other Acers before.

Good Luck

Nestone50, Mar 19, 2013
  3. pocket

Adamo

How do you know the power supply is working ?

Adamo, Mar 21, 2013
Ask a Question