Acer Aspire 5536 Very Weird Power Problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by thisishodge, Oct 26, 2012.

1. thisishodge

thisishodge

I've had this laptop for just about 2.5 years and every problem i've had with it, i've researched and fixed my self. Now the problem I have with it just started today and i've searched around a few places including here, but can't seem to find and in reality dont even know what to search for as i've never heard of this happening.

My laptop is plugged in and i'll be working, whether loading a video, loading a page, scrolling the mouse, etc. and the power to the computer will flicker on and off. i checked for breakage in the power wire although it is fairly new (only two months). checked to see if there was a solid connection into the wall and power supply. at first i thought it was a hardware issue, but now i'm thinking more along the lines of it being a software issue. i just dont know where to start looking for a solution.

If anyone has had similar problems and/or knows how to fix it, please respond,

thisishodge, Oct 26, 2012
  2. thisishodge

john

Follow these steps:
    -> Deattach battery and AC cord.
    -> Reset ram modules.
    -> Hold the power button for a while.
    -> Replace your AC power (not battery) and turn the computer on.

john, Nov 5, 2012
Ask a Question