Acer Aspire 5315 bios dead bricked

Discussion in 'Acer' started by zain, Aug 18, 2011.

1. zain

zain

I have a acer aspire 5315 i just tried updating the bios this morning and it gave me a message saying error and the laptop just froze nothing would work.... so i thought i should power it off and back on when i powered it off.... it doesnt on anymore totally dead no lights nuting works fully dead... so it seems that the bios is corrupted.... what is the solution to fix this besides changing the motherboard since i used the update bios from acer website itself..... now my laptop doesnt work... and acer support says they can t help me i need to send the laptop to them.... i don t have warranty since i have had it for four years..... can i change the bios chip would it work then? i removed the cmos but no signs of it oning... the fn+esc recovery options dont work either...

any 1 with a solution... since its allrdi messed ready to risk doing anything to fix... it

regards

zain

zain, Aug 18, 2011
  2. zain

Swarvey Moderator

You could try looking for a replacement BIOS chip on eBay, then once you have a replacement chip, you could attempt to desolder the old one and solder in the new one. It's a tricky job though.

Swarvey, Aug 18, 2011
Ask a Question