acer aspire 5050

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by kevinm.89, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kevinm.89

kevinm.89

i need some serious help here. i got an acer aspire 5050 laptop that i'm working on for a friend. she told me that she got it xmas of 07 and the screen stopped working about 5months later. i got that fixed but then the when i booted it up for the first time the touch pad and scroll buttons didn't work and the battery kept cutting out on me every now and again. now it's not working off the battery at all,the mouse still isn't working,and a few keys on the keyboard stopped working. any advice aside from her getting a new laptop?

kevinm.89, Jan 14, 2009
  2. kevinm.89

Master Mike

I would suggest posting somewhere else other than here, since this is mainly a netbook only forum. Maybe you could try http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22 because I'm sure they could help you out there better than we can. I personally think that your best bet would be reinstalling Windows, but other than that, I can't really help you out. Good luck with getting that fixed. :)

Master Mike, Jan 15, 2009
  3. kevinm.89

donec

Do a good backup of all the personal data and then a fresh install of Windows. If the Aspire 5050 doesn't work then I would try returning it or sending it to Acer as defective. At least that is what I would do with my Acer Aspire 9300-5005 if it was behaving that way.

donec, Jan 15, 2009
Ask a Question