acer aspire 1640 Power Issue

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by drdre, Sep 12, 2009.

1. drdre

drdre

Hi all..

My sis bought this acer laptop a few years ago and it worked fine till she dropped it.... We sent it back for repairs and they changed the motherboard becuase the power socket/pin for the cord to plug into was broke...

now 1 1/2 years later .. it doesnt want to charge any battery nor does it work when i plug it in...... So we thought that it could be power adapter or the battery so we changed both....

Now its a pain.. when we first plugged in the power adapter it came on and ran.. and started charging the battery.. then it stoped at 4 %.. and the machine shut off.... today i got it back on with the battery out and only the power adapter plugged it.. but after a few minutes it shut it self off and the green light on the adapter is off... i unplug the adapter from the laptop and wall .... and just pluged it back by it self and the light on the adapter refuses to come on now..

Please advice what can be wrong ?

drdre, Sep 12, 2009
  2. drdre

joepater

did you ever find a fix to this??? having a similar issue

joepater, Mar 16, 2010
Ask a Question