Acer AO 533 - rotate screen !?!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by trer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trer

trer

Hi
    Just got my new Acer AO D533 with Windows 7 starter - and finished removing all that annoying games software aso it comes with ... But ...

For some reason I cannot rotate the screen on the laptop - CTRL-ALT-arrow doesn't work and the Properties sheet on the gfx card doesn't show the rotation info either. Running iRotate doesn't work either - app just crashes when I attempt to rotate the screen.

I have updated the gfx hw driver but still no luck rotating. Using the rotate gesture on the thouchpad shows the rotate icon - but stuff on the screen (like ebook readers) just ignores it...

Does the 533 have the ability to rotate screen at all or is it some software that needs to be on the netbook for rotating to work that I need to re-apply ??

trer, Jan 19, 2011
  2. trer

Swarvey Moderator

Please use the search function.

The Intel graphics driver only supports screen rotation under Windows XP. If you're lucky, you might have the "orientation" option under the Windows 7 Screen Resolution settings, otherwise it's not possible at this time.

Topic Locked.

Swarvey, Jan 20, 2011
Ask a Question