Acer 7720 Keyboard

Discussion in 'Acer' started by liamxo, May 26, 2011.

1. liamxo

liamxo

Hi guys i found a problem which is really bad at the moment with the keyboard
    may be to water spill (not much though)

Ok so my laptop was fine then it hibernated turned it back on keys were fine..
    but i would go on facebook and it would keep scrolling down so i restarted pc and now not many keys work
    for example

ABDHGJIOPUYWQZX 1234567890 [],./ work
    but keys like

ERLCKMN doesnt work
    enter button wouldnt work.. but now works.. and also L is now working again but sometimes il go on google and il type in on my external keyboard "facebook" and then the letter "L" spams like this "lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" and it's really annoying
    and i think my keyboard is naffed what is everyone suggestions :/

Do i buy a new ACER 7720 Keyboard? because i cant even use a external one because the letters spam
    and my desktop for example if you click on an icon on ur desktop and hold tab down it switches between icons well its doing that on my desktop and also its doing it on web browsers i had trouble with my touchpad it was responding slow but now fine and also if i clicked somewhere on my laptop with the left button it would work but act like its the right click (which shows the properties) so im confused what isit? isit the keyboard? if so what should i do (im not under warrenty) would it be cheaper to buy a new acer 7720 keyboard or ask a shop to repair? or is it something else?

liamxo, May 26, 2011
  2. liamxo

Swarvey Moderator

Sounds like you may stil have some moisture in the keyboard for it to be malfunctioning. I'd suggest removing the keyboard and leaving it somep place warm and dry for a few days. While it's disconnected and removed from your machine you should be able to safely use a USB keyboard without any problem. If the problems persist then there could be more damage than first thought.

If the keyboard still continues to malfunction after being completely dried out, your best bet will be to get a replacement.

Swarvey, May 27, 2011
Ask a Question