Acer 5535 Problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by xeroevil, Oct 22, 2013.

1. xeroevil

xeroevil

Hi everyone, my name is Cj. I'm new here to the site. I've searched all over the internet and read numerous threads, but I still haven't found anything that has helped my situation. Here is the deal with my laptop:

About 2 weeks ago, I plugged up and powered on my laptop. Everything went fine. I browsed the internet for a few minutes, and put the computer to sleep. After doing so, I went and grabbed a shower and got dressed, came back to use the computer to check prices on parts, and it was unresponsive.

The lights for the battery and power come on, but the lights for wireless, HD activity, and whatnot do nothing. No blinking, flashing, nothing. Also, the display is blank. You can hear the disc drive, HD, and fan come on. The fan doesn't stay on at first though. It turns for about 10-15 seconds the turns off. But turns back on about 1 minute later.

I've removed the RAM (2 sticks), tried a different hard drive, tried a total of 3 different motherboards, 2 different processors, and I've hooked each motherboard up to a known working external monitor. Still nothing. I'm beginning to get really frustrated because I need the laptop for all of my classes this semester. Money is also an issue, I can't just take it to a local PC repair guy (I'm not even sure of one in my area), as I'm a broke FT college student and I only work PT.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Cj.

xeroevil, Oct 22, 2013
Ask a Question