acer 3g connection manager windows 7

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Where can I find acer 3g Connection Manager for Windows 7

Guest, Nov 14, 2009
  2. Guest

cmeide

You will find it at http://www.option.com
    Go to Support - Software Download
    You will need to enter your IMEI code.

Now thats the easy part!

There are only 2 things to download. One is the Globetrotter Connect, which is just a more fancy variant of Acer's 3G Connection Manager, and the other is the newest drivers for Win7.

Supposedly, you will only need the drivers, as Win7 will handle the connection like it handles WIFI.

Unfortunatly, very few seems to get this to work. It is said that its the 5.1.32.0 that messes things up.
    If you download the Globetrotter, it will come with with 5.1.26.0.

I have tried all of this, for a week now, and have almost no more hair left. :( :(
    Uninstalling and installing again in every possible combination and order. The closest I came to get a connection in Win7 was with 5.1.30.0, but I could not get internet.

The Option website is not very helpful with older drivers but you can find some on the Acer site listed for other notebooks.

The next thing I will try is to upgrade the firmware.

Your best bet is probably to try the 5.1.30.0 first. It might also be wise to wait with the Acer Launch Manager until last.

Please make a note of the process if you should get it to work. I would be very greatful. I have to boot into XP whenever I want to use 3G now.

Anyway, the upside of all this mess is that I seem to get the GPS function to work. :D :D
    I just need to get a new internal antenna that handles both the 3G and GPS frequenzy range.

EDIT: If you have not tried anything yet, install only the Connection Manager. The Win7 drivers are said to be buggy. I will clean up my system and try from there also.

cmeide, Nov 14, 2009
  3. Guest

DrNo

I use the 3G software provided by Acer for Windows Vista; works just fine, haven't had any problems thus far (Windows 7 Professional).

DrNo, Nov 15, 2009
  4. Guest

cmeide

Are you running the 5.1.20.0 driver?

cmeide, Nov 15, 2009
  5. Guest

DrNo

Nope, I'm using 5.0.12.0. I think it actually came with the 3G software.

DrNo, Nov 15, 2009
  6. Guest

cmeide

Yeah, I finally manage now with the .12 driver.
    This driver keeps Win7 from interfeiring with the 3G.
    Sure would be nice with the newer drivers though, because Win7 would treat the 3G connection the same way as a LAN or Wifi. Hopefully this will be fixed some day.
    Also, the newer Connection Manager (3) gives statistics on how much you have down/up-loaded. Useful when you have limits.
    Thanks

cmeide, Nov 15, 2009
  7. Guest

alaquino

Could you please describe the steps to get this working from a fresh Windows 7 install? I have the .12 but it will say "No device detected" and yes, the 3G is turned on.

Thanks

alaquino, Dec 3, 2009
  8. Guest

cmeide

I assume the "no device detected" is the message you get when you open the Acer Coonnection Manager/Globetrotter 2?

I did not experience this with the .12 or .20 drivers, which both works.

If restarting does not solve it, you can also try removing the screw and unplug/plug the 3G card while the machine is running. Should give you the usual USB connect/disconnect sounds and get Windows to look for drivers.

When I got the drivers messed up, I had to enter each of the Globetrotter devices listed in the hardware properties to uninstall (and delete) the drivers. Then after reboot, windows will try to find the drivers but will end up asking you for them. Browse your way to the x32 folder (whereever you put the .12 or .20 download) and choose the language you wish to install.

Hope this helps.

cmeide, Dec 3, 2009
  9. Guest

alaquino

Ah finally got it to work!
    I uninstalled everything related to 3G.
    Copied the drivers from the hidden folder in C that are installed in the original XP installation.
    Installed from 3 locations: Qualcomm 3G Image, Qualcomm 3G driver and finally Qualcomm 3G AP.
    Then ran the 'detect' file inside Qualcomm 3G driver.
    Started the ATT comm manager and it worked!

alaquino, Dec 3, 2009
Ask a Question