acer 2480 travelmate hard drive

Discussion in 'Storage' started by thegoodguy, Jan 26, 2009.

1. thegoodguy

thegoodguy

is there a way to reset the factory password for this hard drive--comp shutdown came back up reading HHD password--acer can't help on this one--hate to lose the 120 gig in it

thegoodguy, Jan 26, 2009
  2. thegoodguy

jeremysdad

Did you ever change it to something personal? I believe that the default factory password is six 0's, or eight...can't remember. Is there an option in the BIOS to disable the HDD password? You would access these options by pressing F2(on the One, it can vary, but it tells you on screen what key to press for options) at startup. There is this option on the One, though I have never messed with any of that, so am not 100% sure if it will let you change it once it has been set. You could always reflash your BIOS if all else fails.

While not a big deal to me at all, and I am glad to (hopefully) have helped you somewhat, I am obliged to tell you that this forum is for issues and problems specific to the Aspire One netbook, not Acer laptops in general. Like I said, no big deal. You may try to get help over at Notebook Review Forums (forum.notebookreview.com...think that's the addy). Good luck! :D

jeremysdad, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question