About the Atom CPU Temperature

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Akai, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Akai

Akai

i just got [Aspire One AOA150-1423 Intel Atom 1GB 160GB 8.9IN LED 1024X600 6CELL XP Home Onyx Black] today
    it run pretty smooth at the beginning (listening MTV on youtube&typing report with openoffice)
    after like 2 hours, window just blue screen&crashed
    i feel the keyboard getting a bit hot, so i put on Coretemp (a software to check CPUtemperature)
    and then i found the temperature is at 80c+..
    the room temperature was around 24c..which 80+ isn't normal at all for my personal experience
    it's normal for AAO150 to get that hot like mine?

Akai, Sep 27, 2008
  2. Akai

Akai

Akai, Sep 27, 2008
  3. Akai

Tamrac

That's running too hot! That's the reason why you're getting the crashes, it's already unstable. Check if your fan is working.(put ur ear on the left side vent and listen or feel the air comming out. Also don't block the front(intake) and leftside(exhaust) vents. These are easily blocked when using the AAO in your bed for example.

Tamrac, Sep 27, 2008
  4. Akai

Akai

just found out is coretemp problem
    with this software
    viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1888&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=fan+control
    it show temp ideal with 48c
    full running around 60c
    i guess its UltraVNC video driver(a remote control software, i am using multiply computer at once) cause the crash
    for whoever going to use coretemp on AAO have to becareful...its not accuracy (maybe?)

Akai, Sep 27, 2008
  5. Akai

wcs

What if the new software is actually more wrong than the coretemp one?
    Hope not, of course, but I heard that intel cpu temps are difficult to read accurately (don't even remember where so don't quote me on that).
    Just to be on the safe side, you might try Prime95 and see if the cpu is stable as it is.

wcs, Sep 27, 2008
Ask a Question