aao110 wireless stopped working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jumpboy, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jumpboy

jumpboy

I just installed tiny7 and everything with it is great...except my wireless stopped working while installing some updates and such.

Tried installing the drivers again from Acer's website but said the hardware could not be found. Checked the device manager and couldn't find anything listed that looked like the atheros card. Have the aao110 (8gb ssd/1gb ram). Is there an issue with overheating and the wifi card burning out on this model? I don't know what the hell is wrong but I want my wifi back

jumpboy, Nov 9, 2009
  2. jumpboy

DutchDK

You did check you haven't inadvertently disabled the wifi by sliding the button on the front by mistake ? Can happpen in many ways, including putting the A110 into a protective skin. Been there, done that, still have the bald spot on the top of my head from the resulting headscratching and hairpulling.

DutchDK, Nov 9, 2009
  3. jumpboy

jumpboy

positive. I abused the switch trying to get it to work and restarted several times and nothing. I turned it on this morning and it seemed to work like nothing happened. No clue what happened and my only guess is overheating randomly.

jumpboy, Nov 9, 2009
  4. jumpboy

jumpboy

Ok, idk whats wrong. My wifi works intermittently now and I started getting a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD recently. I don't know if this is because I am using tiny7 or what. I still have a couple months of warranty left though if all else fails.

jumpboy, Nov 17, 2009
Ask a Question