AAO110 - Vista - Driver Help

Discussion in 'Windows' started by netLIGHT, Oct 5, 2008.

1. netLIGHT

netLIGHT

Hey All!

I managed to get Vista Lite up and running on my Aspire One.
    In fact, I even created a video to show how long it takes to install. I'll put that on YouTube later.

But here's where my problem is... I am having trouble with getting my webcam and LAN drivers to work.
    So far, I've just been using the XP drivers provided by Acer. I got the WLAN working (in fact, I'm posting on my AAO over WiFi right now), the chipset, graphics, and Launch Manager all up and running.

I would very much like to get my webcam working. I've heard that someone out there got their running... but I've yet to get the drivers to work. I can install the "CCD_LiteOn_v.5.8.33.1" package, but when I attempt to run the "CCD_SUYIN_V.1.0.1.3" it asks me to "Please connect the USB device now." Only problem is... Windows has already detected the device. If I go into the hardware manager, disable the device, and then re-enable (so Windows will ask me what I want to do to find the drivers), it still doesn't trigger a change in the installer. (Meaning it still asks for me to plug in the camera.)

I'm attaching a screen clipping of my Hardware Manager... so if anybody can help me get the right drivers, that would be very much appreciated. As you can tell, there is some sort of driver loaded for the LAN interface... it says it needs an updated one, or something... right now it's using some sort of generic Windows driver.

Anybody able to help?

netLIGHT, Oct 5, 2008
  2. netLIGHT

Midori

Can you try going into dev manager and using the update driver and selecting the driver or any form like that....hope i don't have any problems with vista

Midori, Oct 5, 2008
  3. netLIGHT

melhiore

melhiore, Oct 5, 2008
  4. netLIGHT

netLIGHT

Midori...
    Device Manager does everything as it should. I tell it update, or reinstall driver, it doesn't matter, and tell it to browse the install folders for either the LITEON or SUYIN packages. That's as far as it gets, because it says it can't find the right info in the .INF file to properly install the driver. (In the case of the webcam, that is. I haven't pursued the LAN too much.)

Melhiore...
    Those are the drivers I'm using. Haven't gotten them to work for the LAN or webcam yet. The LAN drivers say they're not compatible with the system (probably written XP only- haven't bothered to use device manager to install the .INF file, and haven't bothered looking for a newer driver since it's not important).

I know someone out there once posted that they got Vista up and working, with all the drivers working. Really, not a big feat- if I could just find these last two drivers.

Oh, and as a side note to Midori... I'm running on the slow 8GB SSD (the Samsung one, right?), and 512MB RAM. And it flies. Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Pidgin, and Skype all open and no problems. In fact, that's what I'm doing now. (Skype excepted... just closed that.)

netLIGHT, Oct 6, 2008
Ask a Question