AAO won't shutdown using Start, turnoff button in XP or Win7

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by acutturi, May 30, 2009.

1. acutturi

acutturi

I got a refurb Acer AOA150 that won't turn off when I use the Start, Turn off buttons in XP or Win7. It shuts off but then reboots instantly. I have to use the power button to shut it off. After an hour of no use, it goes into sleep mode and freezes and I have to power down with the power button and reboot it. That happened with XP and Win7. I adjusted the power options in both to sleep, not hibernate, but no luck.

Everything else seems to work fine. I reinstalled the orig. XP using the recovery method of ALT+F10, but it did not help.

I uninstalled the webcam funky driver and that didn't help.

I reformatted the hard drive and installed Win7, but that didn't help.

I sent for an RMA and have 5 days to decide if I can fix it or send it back.
    ANY help is appreciated!

acutturi, May 30, 2009
  2. acutturi

poaktung

I'm having a similar problem.
    Start ...
    Turn Off Computer ...
    Select an option ...
    HDD flickers briefly but none of the selections work. I have to hold the power button down until the PC turns off. Were you able to resolve your problem?

poaktung, Jun 16, 2009
  3. acutturi

alethos

I have the exact same problem. Won't come out of hibernate or standby, and will automatically restart after the shutdown sequence completes. Everything else seems to work fine. I, too, tried going from XP to Win7, thinking it was an OS issue, but that didn't fix it, so I'm thinking it's a BIOS or hardware issue.

Does anybody know of a solution?

alethos, Jul 8, 2009
Ask a Question