AAO - White Screen on Start Up

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Kendel, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Kendel

Kendel

I have a Acer Aspire One 11.6" (A0751h)

Idk when it started to do this but this is what happens.

Sometimes when you turn computer on screen lights up blank/black then transforms all white. Sometimes comes up straight white or a mix of different colors quickly in horizontal lines. If hooked up VGA its fine on external monitor.

Now to fix it my way I remove battery for few seconds and reconnect and or unplug and try turning on and it comes on and boots up like normal.

Now sometimes if in using the computer and I adjust screen angle and touch right side by hindge or top of screen it will go all white. So I'm sure its something in that area but why removing power from motherboard allows it to start working again? So is it hardware or bios based?

Thanks in advance!

Kendel, Oct 7, 2013
  2. Kendel

Kendel

I see now that there is a bios update from 2010. When attempting to install it will tell me can't load drivers in winsplash or not logged in as admin. Which is wrong cause I am. I extracted whole zip. Its looking for a driver in a folder that doesnt exist.

Any ideas?

Kendel, Oct 8, 2013
  3. Kendel

goldie

hmmm
    does it do it when you have the adapter plugged in?
    the screen connector should be on the left inside the left hinge.
    you might try removing the display in the device manager and rebooting.
    But that may be hit and miss.
    Is your battery holding a charge? about 4 hours is about average.
    check you power settings. Is it set to sleep/hibernate when the lid is closed?
    you might try to disable that.
    Just guessing here.

goldie, Oct 13, 2013
  4. Kendel

tarbcl jork

There is no question against your interesting blog. You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. I am waiting you give me a more interested information.

tarbcl jork, Nov 5, 2013
Ask a Question