AAO - Power problems. Take battery out to turn off.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by danlat1415, Jul 31, 2009.

1. danlat1415

danlat1415

Hi guys.
    I'm new to the forum.

I got my new AAO yesterday, and I had a problem straight out of the box.

The system would shut down after 30 seconds or so.
    After searching the internet, I came to the conclusion that the fan wasn't working, and it was overheating and turning itself off.

I looked on You Tube for details on how to take the case part so I could check the fan, but I was only able to unclip the surround, and not take it completely apart.
    When I clipped it back together and tried it, the fan was working, and the system worked great :)

Now I have a problem that I didn't have before.

When I connect the power supply (AC mains) and take the battery out, then system doesn't work. The power light flickers on and offer, and the whole system keeps clicking until I remove the power lead.
    If I plug the battery in, the system turns on as normal, but won't turn off. If i press the power button, or shut the system down from Windows, it simply turns itself back on again.
    If I hold the power button down for 5 seconds to force it to turn off, the system won't turn back on again, unless I remove the battery and plug it back in.

Another thing.
    When I plug the battery in, the system turns itself on straight away.

I'm stuck with what to do.
    I've tried doing the same as what I did to begin with (unclip the endge of the case to see if I've disturbed anything, but that hasn't helped.
    I can't get the system fully apart because I'm struggling to remove the keyboard section.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or can give me advise on how to get system apart so I can check to see if there aren't any buttons pressed inside.

if you want to simulate my problem, if you take your own battery out, and unplug the AC adaptor. Hold down the power button constantly, and plug the AC lead in - while still holding the power button, the system constantly clicks, and the power button flashes until you let go of the power button, so I'm thinking this may be casuing my problem, if something is lodged inside.

Thanks in advance.
    Dan

danlat1415, Jul 31, 2009
  2. danlat1415

danlat1415

I've now managed to fully take the system apart, and put it back together, but problem still there.

Any suggestions?

danlat1415, Jul 31, 2009
Ask a Question