AAO not charging 3 cell battery!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Dr Robotnik, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Dr Robotnik

Dr Robotnik

Well, I did not have time to charge it for a week, and the battery was 0%.
    Yesterday, I had time to charge. Windows does not recognize the battery, and the acers hardware charge light stays amber, then blinks after 15 minutes. I really don't want to have to send it in! Anyone have a solution?

Dr Robotnik, Mar 29, 2009
  2. Dr Robotnik

Red5

Having just bought a reconditioned AAO where the seller was unsure how long the battery had been sat in an uncharged state, I was advised to do the following when I got it home:

* Remove the battery, and unplug it from the mains.
    * Hold down the power button for 1 minute to discharge any residual power left in the AAO.
    * Replace the battery, then plug in the mains.
    * LEAVE IT ALONE, AND TURNED OFF (but plugged into the mains) for at least one hour before trying to turn the machine on to give the battery time to charge up a bit.

You could give that a try, if it still refuses to charge then it's probably dead. Don't forget to reply if this works or not.

Red5, Mar 29, 2009
  3. Dr Robotnik

marklmurray

Possible fix. I had the same problem: We hadn't used the AA1 in over a month and when I went to boot it up to get it ready for a trip my wife is about to take, I noticed the battery was completely discharged. Tried the suggestion above, but it didn't work. Then I did a little more searching on this forum and found a post which stated that after talking with Acer Tech support, they acknowledged that this is a known issue and is fixed in the latest Bios revision (3309). I still had 3305 on mine because the acerfan control has problems with 3309. Anyway, I updated to 3309 and not it appears that the battery is charging again - ymmv.

marklmurray, Apr 4, 2009
Ask a Question