AAO mousepad buttons don't work but touchpad does?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by vanaao, Jan 11, 2009.

1. vanaao

vanaao

I am asking this on behalf of my dad, who has just picked up my brand new AAO in the States. It's the linpus version with 8gb ssd etc. I'm at home, in Canada...and he phoned and wants me to fix the problem he somehow created :roll:

He was doing something on the laptop, viewing pictures he had taken. He said, after he removed the USB / the memory card, the mousepad buttons no longer worked. He can still use the touchpad to navigate the pointer to wherever he wants it to go, then type and click enter, but he says the buttons are not working.

I have told him to try Fn+F7 and Fn+F8 already, and he says that doesn't change anything. He is now off in search of a USB mouse as a temporary fix.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have some suggestions on how to fix it? Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

vanaao, Jan 11, 2009
  2. vanaao

kiki

I am having the same problem. I just got mine yesterday and it was working fine. This morning the right click stopped working, and now both left and right clicks aren't working... and neither is the tapping. I can move the cursor around with the touchpad, but can't click or tap on anything...

I see your question has gone unanswered, hopefully someone will respond soon...

(I'm using Linux)

kiki, Jan 14, 2009
  3. vanaao

stefandebacker

I am having the same problem.

I tried the system recovery from DVD and memory stick several times but it didn't do any good. I noticed that the tocuhpad buttons also don't even work after the system recovery where i had to choose my keyboard settings. At this point the Linpus isn't even booted yet.

Any help is welcome but I think this is a hardware problem.

stefandebacker, Jan 15, 2009
  4. vanaao

donec

Ok! I am completely confused. What is the difference in the mousepad and the touchpad? To me the mousepad is the thing you slide your mouse around on and it does not have any buttons just some rubber covered cloth. The touchpad is the built-in device that allows you to move your cursor on the screen by sliding your finger around on the small rectangle with 2 buttons beside it.

donec, Jan 15, 2009
  5. vanaao

vanaao

Hey, sorry I didn't notice people answered this message....

My situation, I could still use a USB mouse and it would work, but it was just the touchpad buttons that didn't click -- particularly, the left-click.

I had my laptop sent to the local Acer repair center, and they told me that I had just disabled the touchpad. Which doesn't make sense at all, because I did that... disabled and re-enabled it several times... so I don't know what they're talking about. I tried enabling and disabling it a few times, and i notice it takes a few seconds for it to 'register' in the computer that it's been en/disabled. Maybe that was the issue?

Now that I've got it back from the repair center tho, it all works so I have no complaints...

hope that might help some of you guys

vanaao, Feb 3, 2009
  6. vanaao

chemigame

i had the same prob in the first boot itself, i asked the dealer to replace it with new one in the shop itself, he asked me to wait and took it to aspire service center and brought back in two hours, when i asked for the reason he said it was some driver problem, is this right answer? someone clear my doubt.........

chemigame, Feb 9, 2009
  7. vanaao

liquidstyle

Wow i thought I am the only one with this problem, but it seems to be some bigger one :-S
    At my AAO, the right click does not work :-/ left klick and the touchpad are working fine.
    I hope theres a solution for it. :-S

liquidstyle, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question