AAO Mini-laptop Seems Hot

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kymillie, Oct 11, 2008.

1. kymillie

kymillie

I have the AAO mini-laptop with XP, 120 gig HD, etc. I have read comments about the loud fan, but I do not notice the fan at all. BUT the bottom gets awfully hot. Do I need to be concerned about this :?: Thanks

kymillie, Oct 11, 2008
  2. kymillie

[email protected]

I think yes, you need to find out what the internal temperature of your laptop is, there is a utility here but it nearly killed mine. I wonder if speedfan works. I am certain someone here will have better advice on finding your temps. Also I must ask if you have left it on a squishy fabric surface? That will do bad for any laptop, as will running it with the lid closed.

[email protected], Oct 11, 2008
  3. kymillie

kymillie

Well, when it is in my lap, I guess you could call my leg squishy fabric. :D I have been running it for about an hour right now, on a desk, since we are traveling at the moment (and it IS great to travel with - I LOVE IT)... It is hottest on the bottom on the left under where the fan outlet is, although it does not seem as hot to touch as it does against my leg.

kymillie, Oct 12, 2008
  4. kymillie

Queen6

I run Core Temp 0.99.3 on my Aspire AOA150 (XP 120G), temp reading is directly from the Atom processor (CPU), mine generally idles at 50C - 55C, surfing the web and light use 60C - 65C seen as high as 80C under full load.
    The program is an executable, no need to install, from what have read it is more accurate 50C and above.

Q-6

Queen6, Oct 12, 2008
  5. kymillie

pxharder

The AAO is not hot compared to other netbooks. I played with a pair of HP 2133's for about two months. Those puppies were HOT! They got to a point where I couldn't put my wrists on the computer after an hour of use. Check the web for comparisons, but the AAO is much cooler than the 2133s.

pxharder, Oct 12, 2008
  6. kymillie

Brian10161

Try hwmonitor (cpuid). Mine idles around 44'C. Hard drive is around 33'C in mine.

Brian10161, Oct 12, 2008
  7. kymillie

Queen6

CPUID shows the CPU running 20C cooler then Core Temp 38C versus 58C?

Which one is right, my exhaust fan temp is 34C alone so the CPU core has to hotter

Edit
    Looking at the CPUID ini file; Tjunction is registered as 105C, Itel rate the Atom N270 at 90C, changing this value to 90C this will reduce the real time temperature displayed by CPUID

Q-6

Queen6, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question