AAO keeps turning off at Grey Apple boot screen... ASAP HELP

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Gom33, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Gom33

Gom33

Hey Guys,

I am having isses with my AAO. It tries to boot up and it goes to the grey apple logo boot up screen with the spinning that indicates it is loading but it shuts off right after that. For some reason my AAO shuts down after the grey apple logo boot up screen. Anyone know what is going on or what i can do? I just had to restore my cellphone and all my contacts are on my OSX partition. If I can't boot up I will lose my contacts if I have to restore it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

BTW: I tried running safe mode and same issues... acts like its going to start up but it shuts down right before that blue screen should pop up. PLEASE HELP

Gom33, Apr 12, 2009
  2. Gom33

Gom33

forgot to mention that it worked fine last night and I shut it down last night. This problem I am having right now just started this morning. Please help!

Thanks in advance

Gom33, Apr 12, 2009
  3. Gom33

Gom33

anyone?

Gom33, Apr 12, 2009
  4. Gom33

rory

have you tried cpus=1 as a boot flag

rory, Apr 12, 2009
  5. Gom33

heysurreal

Also check if your fan is running. The AAO has a (relatively) well known "feature" where if the fan is not running (i.e. if it is stuck or broken), the machine will shut down suddenly after a short period of running fine. The fix (believe it or not - and it worked for me) was to give my AAO a short sharp smack / tap on the side to loosen the fan with the machine OFF.

If you suspect this is the case, please research this in google, thats how I found it. I don't want to be responsible for a damaged hard drive or any other personal injuries which may arise from trying this fix...

heysurreal, Apr 13, 2009
  6. Gom33

yohko101

if it helps, boot using the option: '-s -v'

this will boot your computer in single user mode and verbose, maybe it will give you some clues on the shutdowns :)

yohko101, Apr 14, 2009
Ask a Question