AAO gets rather hot under Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by yoshisadventure, May 14, 2009.

1. yoshisadventure

yoshisadventure

Hi,

I've just installed the RC Windows 7 on my AAO which was originally equipped with Linux. Now the little netbook get's very hot when I use it under Windows 7 - there is no low performance remarkable but it seems that the new OS is a little bit too much for the hardware of the AAO. So it could be that the usage of Windows 7 will shorten the life of the AAO????

yoshisadventure, May 14, 2009
  2. yoshisadventure

jackluo923

Adjust your power management settings. Windows 7 is set to default by lowering the processor speed before raising the fanspeed thus increase the temperature while maintaining "quietness".

jackluo923, May 15, 2009
  3. yoshisadventure

the803

I decided to switch to Windows 7 as I have it on my PC too.
    I have noticed mine getting very hot too. Jackluo, how would I change my settings and what to?

the803, May 17, 2009
  4. yoshisadventure

jackluo923

Go to your power profile, click change plan settings, change advanced power settings, go to processor power management, go to system cooling policy, change everything to "active". Click OK and wait 10 minutes and your AAO's temperature should be lower.

jackluo923, May 17, 2009
  5. yoshisadventure

the803

Thanks for the reply though it still gets hot after I applied those settings.

the803, May 17, 2009
Ask a Question