aao 521 effects of incompatible ram ?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by leemole101, Nov 20, 2010.

1. leemole101

leemole101

Hi all
    I bought a Hypertec 43R1988-HY 2gb stick to put into my brand new acer 521 netbook, with this new stick in the video gets like a pattern in the background kind of ghosted matrix style writing. When i put the original stick in it works fine, both sticks pass memtest and they are the same spec ( i think ). any ideas or should i just take the netbook it back ? tried the latest driver, reinstall and bios flash too.

or do i just need a certain brand / model of ram ?

screenshot below

leemole101, Nov 20, 2010
  2. leemole101

leemole101

[​IMG]

leemole101, Nov 20, 2010
  3. leemole101

Swarvey Moderator

For me (at least) your screen shot looks absolutely fine. Sad to say it could be a faulty screen on your machine. Have you tried hooking up to an external monitor to see if the same problem exists there? Or is there some form of screen protector still on the screen? I bought a replacement screen for a mobile phone a few years ago that looked grainy as hell, I was about to complain to the store when I realised there was a screen protector on the screen for shipping that you could only see when the screen was powered up.

Swarvey, Nov 20, 2010
  4. leemole101

leemole101

the same blocky image is also on the hdmi output to the tv, the problem goes away when i put the old 1gb stick back in. This morning only half the touch pad is working so its going back to the shop as its only 3 days old :roll:

leemole101, Nov 21, 2010
Ask a Question