AA1 shuts off

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by iv76erson03, Sep 23, 2009.

1. iv76erson03

iv76erson03

My computer boots up just fine and stays on for like 60 seconds then shuts off. I tried taking out the battery and it does the same thing. Has this problem been discussed before? Is there a fix?

btw, i installed the Kuki OS last week. It started the shut down about 4 days after the install.

edit: doesn't appear to be the OS, the computer shuts off when it's sitting in the BIOS as well. Also, I just noticed that the fan isn't running, is it possible that the fan broke and I'm overheating?

iv76erson03, Sep 23, 2009
  2. iv76erson03

iv76erson03

OK I think it's the fan. I just turned it on and the fan decided to come on. The computer has stayed on for about 10 minutes with no problems.

So...anyone have experience fixing a broken fan?

iv76erson03, Sep 23, 2009
  3. iv76erson03

seedeur

i have exactly the same probleme, 5 day ago my aa1 started to shutoff alone 1~2 minute after starting

I am under xp and the fan dont start never. I saw with aa1 fan control than the shutof appear when the core reach 50°C but it was unpossible to start the fan on

May be a bios update could fixe the probleme. But i dont know how to do this and if we have the time to do this

Anyone have a solution ?

seedeur, Sep 25, 2009
  4. iv76erson03

seedeur

i just update my bios to the v3309

But the probleme still remain

Impossible to use it more than2 minutes.
    Now when i start aa1fan control, it tell me the error message :
    Port I/O
    "Port-driver not installed !"

What could it be ?

seedeur, Sep 26, 2009
  5. iv76erson03

1an

I returned my Acer under warranty. The first time it came back and I'm fairly sure it hadn't been looked at. I sent it back by return post. The second time it came back with a new Main board fitted. It's been ok ever since.

1an, Sep 26, 2009
  6. iv76erson03

seedeur

sheet, my one year waranty just past last mounth

And do you think, they agree to fix aa1 with anofficial xp insted of linpus ?

seedeur, Sep 26, 2009
Ask a Question