AA1 palm rest got extremely hot

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by hmmwv, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hmmwv

hmmwv

I have a A150 and it seems to me that the area on the right side of the touch pad can get really hot quickly. Just a small area under the right Alt key. It gets to a point that I cannot rest my hand on it when typing. The rest of the computer feels cool but this area gets hot after 5 minutes of light usage. What could have caused it?

hmmwv, Sep 7, 2008
  2. hmmwv

morningching

I have that problem of hot. Mine happens in about 30 minutes time but just underneath of keyboard, on the left side-somewhere of Key-S and D.

morningching, Sep 7, 2008
  3. hmmwv

goofball

Pretty sure that is the area where the wifi card is located. (right alt) It's not the HDD/SSD area.

Where the S/D keys are, that should be where the CPU is.

goofball, Sep 7, 2008
  4. hmmwv

ipearl

Right of the mouse pad below the Alt Gr/Ctrl is the wifi (the source of heat comes from the wifi)

S D F area is the CPU and its Fan ad heat sink. (The source is the CPU here)

J K L area in the SSD version should stay Cool since it doesn't produce much heat.
    J K L area in a 1.8" Hard Drive Mod should also stay cool since that Hard drive stays very cool.
    J K L area of a 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive that area gets a bit warm not as hot as the Wifi and CPU area but nevertheless Warm.

ipearl, Sep 7, 2008
  5. hmmwv

hmmwv

Well, I guess I just have to live with the hot wifi card. I know wifi radio emits power so it tends to get hot, but is there a card that's known for cooler operation?

hmmwv, Sep 9, 2008
Ask a Question