AA1 or AAO (poll added)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by davidearlcox, May 8, 2009.

?

when referring to your netbook what do you call it?

1. AA1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. AA0

58.3%
  3. Acer Aspire One

41.7%
  1. davidearlcox

davidearlcox

In the "for what it's worth" department, I can't decide whether I should refer to the Acer Aspire One as AA1 or AAO. From looking through many of the topics on this forum, these shortcuts are used by members with about an even split. Any chance we can come to a consensus on this and just use one shortcut?

admin edit - poll added

davidearlcox, May 8, 2009
  2. davidearlcox

garrettp

Re: AA1 or AAO

LMAO, we had a home builders meeting several years back about the home show splitting into two separate shows, and the announcer was late. My brother stood up and when he had everyone's attention he asked, "can we all decide on one phone book while we are here".

I started with AAO and that is probably more proper as it is Acer Aspire One. However, IMHO AA1 is cooler ;)

So, I vote for AA1. Start a pole on the subject lol.

garrettp, May 10, 2009
  3. davidearlcox

RockDoctor

My vote is for AA1, but I don't expect anyone to change, regardless of the outcome of this poll

RockDoctor, May 15, 2009
  4. davidearlcox

simbeb

When i bought my Aspire One 8 months ago, I nicknamed it AA1 without thinking about it. Gave it that computer name on my home network - also because my desktop-laptop is an Aspire 6530 which I named AA6530. Then I suscribed to this forum and saw that most people call theirs AAO. That reinforced my preference for AA1 because it made it different from most. I like the idea of using both alphabetical and numerical characters. And whatever the community decides I will carry on calling my laptop AA1 because it belongs to me and i am bloody well entitled to calling it what I wish! ;)

simbeb, May 15, 2009
  5. davidearlcox

donec

I like this thread but doubt it will have much effect. I started out using AA1 as that seemed the most correct form since it gave more information. Examples:
    the 1 in AA1 will easily be seen as what it is while the O in AAO could be for 1 or it could be for owner or many other things. Then I saw many others using AAO and started using it but often find myself switching back to AA1. I think in a poll I would vote for AA1.

donec, May 15, 2009
  6. davidearlcox

KiNG

poll added :)

KiNG, May 16, 2009
Ask a Question