AA1 - no power, no lights, won't start at all...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by aceralabama, Dec 6, 2008.

1. aceralabama

aceralabama

Got a new pink AA1, put in the battery, plugged in the cord, went through the XP installation, all was well. Put it away for a week, then tried to boot it up, and nothing. No power, no lights anywhere, nothing. Battery is installed, power cord hooked up, but nothing. Took battery out, and left just the AC power cord plugged in. Nothing. This was supposed to be the best Christmas ever for my 13yr old daughter, but now I'm helpless...any clue on how where to look, what to jiggle, to make the AA1 get power to boot up? Thanks much -

aceralabama, Dec 6, 2008
  2. aceralabama

melhiore

Try to charge up battery longer. There may be only problem with this. Give it a try...

melhiore, Dec 6, 2008
  3. aceralabama

aceralabama

Thanks for the response....

And I've got the battery installed, and the power cord plugged up. Shouldn't I see some lights on the AA1 to indicate that it is charging? None of the lights are on. I've taken the battery out, reinstalled the battery, and replugged in the power cord...nothing. I think I should be seeing some lights come on?

aceralabama, Dec 6, 2008
  4. aceralabama

melhiore

Yes you should. One of them indicates battery charging. Are you sure charger is fine and there is power in the wall socket??

melhiore, Dec 6, 2008
  5. aceralabama

aceralabama

Yes, I'm sure there is power coming from the wall socket. not sure how to verify the power adapter is working to the unit though....

aceralabama, Dec 6, 2008
  6. aceralabama

melhiore

Best way is to check voltage going out from plug with multimeter... If there is voltage described on charger label there must be something wrong with AA1 it self...

melhiore, Dec 6, 2008
  7. aceralabama

barrie

Hi aceralabama,

You say this is a new unit, if you have absolutely no lights showing on the PC at all with the mains charger plugged in and turned on then I would take it back to the shop, and get them to try another charger adapter which will identify if it is the PC or charger at fault. Either way I would want a replacement there and then, as it is under warranty.

barrie, Dec 6, 2008
  8. aceralabama

aceralabama

Well...that's exactly what I did/am doing. I took the unit to WalMart (where I ordered it from - it's pink, so they aren't stocked in the store). Anyway, we tried a powercord from a brand new blue one, and zilch...no lights, no nothing. I am going to order a new one today, and return the current one. Hopefully, this particular one is the one in a million that was defective...I will eat a lot of crow for not getting the Dell if the next one is defective. Thanks for all the replies on this forum, it is really appreciated.

aceralabama, Dec 6, 2008
  9. aceralabama

barrie

Hi,

It was a pity it had to be ordered and not in stock, hope you get it sorted by the 24th.

barrie, Dec 6, 2008
  10. aceralabama

redcow

That's a shame. Here in Northern California the only Aspires in stock are pink.
    I had to wait three weeks to get a non pink, trying 4 different stores.

redcow, Dec 10, 2008
  11. aceralabama

jmr166

hi, i just got to play with my aao aftre having to give it back to my wife as was a xmas present. problem appears to be the same as above. when i tested before putting ti away it all was working great but when i tried to switch iton this morning it would not start on the battery and runs fine on the acpower though. It has been running for an hour now but still not showing any signs of even seeing the battery. its as if its not there? i will leave it on and see what happens but anyone got any idea re this ?
    james

jmr166, Dec 25, 2008
  12. aceralabama

jmr166

ok left it on charge switched off for an hour and now is working on battery again, seems it just ran down to low to charge when running

jmr166, Dec 25, 2008
Ask a Question