AA1 Linux wireless printing via print server/samba/WGPS606

Discussion in 'Networking' started by linuxynoob, Jun 10, 2009.

1. linuxynoob

linuxynoob

Hello, Everybody!

Welcome to my first post. I've read around the forum a little bit and nothing quite deals with this directly so i thought i'd pitch it to everybody. There are 4 Microsoft Machines in the house and this AA1. We have a netgear wireless print server (The WGPS606) which is set up fine and working with a colour laser (samsung clp315) all good.

I want to set up my mums netbook to use the printer. Ive read a lot about IPP and Samba but nothing quite that walks me through the process. As i understand samba would be like printer sharing for windows machines if the printer was connected locally, IE, has to be routed through a MS machine to use the printer, which isnt a problem. however direct wireless printing would be preferred. the print server has a static IP, as does the NAS and most other networked stuff to resolve a few DHCP problems i was having, but thats another story and its been working fine for months.

So any talks, links to guides or anything would be greatly appreciated

Cheers all in advance, the noob.

linuxynoob, Jun 10, 2009
Ask a Question