AA1 Linpus - how to get battery low warning before shutdown?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jamesb72, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jamesb72

jamesb72

Sorry if this is obvious, I've tried and searched on here !

My Linpus AA1 is set to shutdown at 5% battery, but I get no warning of this, so am sitting merrily typing away when screen goes blank.

I can't find any option to give warning, only to hibernate or shutdown at two levels ?

Is there a way to get a warning at say 10% then shutdown at 5% ?

ALso, I've read some posting that says battery LED will flash under 5%, so if I set shutdown to 3% will this give me some warning, or is 3% to low to discharge lipo without reducing life ?

jamesb72, Feb 20, 2009
  2. jamesb72

jamesb72

seriously no reply ?

jamesb72, Feb 22, 2009
  3. jamesb72

Darryl

Hi there,
    I would update to the full version of kpowersave as described here.
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3760
    It worked straight away from the first page for me no probs at all. Later in the thread i believe it tells you how to incorporate sound by loading in a few wav files I havent used sound but the rest works like a dream,
    Enjoy
    Darryl

Darryl, Feb 23, 2009
  4. jamesb72

jamesb72

Thanks Darryl,

Linked instructions worked like a charm, and does exactly what I want, I get a nice big popup confirming changing to warning, then low, then finally shutdown at critical, and I can set the percentages for each as I choose !

I found to get my AA1 to shutdown when lid is closed (which I prefer), setting this in kpowersave was ignored, but I add following lines to fix this:

add following two lines to end of /etc/acpi/events/power.conf for lid close to shutdown

event=button/lid.*
    action=/sbin/shutdown -h now

This does mean that the power button no longer works, but this is not a big deal, I can use the software shutdown button for this if ever I don't want to close the lid.

Thanks very much, great info.

jamesb72, Feb 24, 2009
Ask a Question