AA1 in a coma, what now?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by simbeb, Jun 30, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

Hi,

basically, I sold my AA1 with the 8gb ssd last month and bought a brand new one with a 120gb hdd instead. Maybe I shouldn't have: couple days ago I switched it on and nothing happened. The little green light embedded in the power button shows but nothing much else, not even a BIOS screen.

I am sending it tomorrow to Acer Repair but I am worried that they will want to charge me because i partitioned the hdd and replaced Linpus with a dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows XP. Do you think that is likely?

Cheers.

simbeb, Jun 30, 2009
  2. simbeb

DutchDK

If it turns out that it is software related, they will charge you. If it turns out that it is broken hardware they shouldn't, since your machine is under warranty. I don't know how the warranty rules are over in yopur nick'o'the'woods, but over here in the cvilized world (Europe ;) ), the rules say that within the first 6 months the manufacturer has too prove that any broken hardware was caused by you - I.E. if anything on the device breaks within the first 6 months, it is assumed automatically that the problem existed in the device when purchased.

DutchDK, Jun 30, 2009
  3. simbeb

tonecas

tonecas, Jul 2, 2009
  4. simbeb

simbeb

Thank you, will file away this solution, feedbacks seem really positive about it. Unfortunately, I have already sent the laptop to Acer. Hopefully they won't charge me. If they ask for an unreasonable price I'll tell them to send it back unrepaired and will try your solution...

Cheers.

simbeb, Jul 4, 2009
Ask a Question