A150X - Realtek LAN Card doesnt work *~SOLVED*

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by martinvienne, Aug 22, 2008.

1. martinvienne

martinvienne

Hi,

I just found out, that my Realtek 8102E LAN card doesnt work (either with XP nor with Ubuntu). I installed several times the original drivers etc. but it still doesnt recognize a cable, when I plug it in. cable and connection is ok and tested.
    in the XP device manager the realtek card is listed, no conflicts... but still no sign when you plug in a ethernet cable.
    seems to be hardware error...
    does anybody else have this problem?
    could there be a driver solution?
    :)
    martin
    P.S.: I also have the known WLAN problem (card disappears sometimes suddenly...)

martinvienne, Aug 22, 2008
  2. martinvienne

Sid

Re: A150X - Realtek LAN Card doesnt work

Have you checked the card with Linpus?

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. martinvienne

glibdud

Doesn't the A150X have XP preinstalled?

glibdud, Aug 22, 2008
  4. martinvienne

Guest Guest

if in ubuntu didnt work and in xp works but not correctly i think its driver error could be hardware but i dont believe that this is the problem.
    in ubuntu i dont know what drivers you should install but in xp try the offficials, if not try the drivers of the windows vista located at my website because those drivers are from other notebook, but works great with the one, im using vista with that drivers and i have a little problem with lan, the lights didnt work, but i've got signal wich is more important for me, wlan goes perfect and the light is working correctly.

Guest, Aug 23, 2008
  5. martinvienne

poneis

i have the aspire one model zg5 and my lan doesn't work too...i tested in winxp and limpus and no luck at all

in the first time i plugged the lan cable, the two lights of the rj45 connector blinked, but now the winxp doesn't recognize the cable and the light are always off

i think my lan card is dead :cry:

poneis, Aug 23, 2008
  6. martinvienne

martinvienne

Re: A150X - Realtek LAN Card doesnt work *~SOLUTION*

just to update:
    the lan card works now. I tested it at the time at a friends place - an expert - and we tried it with different cables and configurations. it didnt work, only on his computers (with the same cable and same access point). it didnt even recognize a plugged in cable!

I tried it after with another LAN network in my office and also at another friends place - it worked.

back to the first friend - it still doesnt work with the same access point - neither with ubuntu nor with XP. but then I connected it to another access point and it worked in his network. I have still no idea why it didnt or doesnt work in this network or with this access point - all his linux and XP devices worked perfectly with the same cable and configuration. and it was or is not a problem of a wrong configuration (IP, subnet etc.), we tried everything. We didnt go for the WHY because of no time and it works now - at least in my office and at another friends place:)
    I already did a request at Acer and they were thinking of a hardware problem. I m lucky that I didnt send it not yet.
    :)
    martin
    P.S.: about the known problem with the WLAN card - download and install this tool and let windows control the atheros card - and the WLAN card should work now with (almost) no problems with XP (it works with mine now already for hours without connection problems):
    (http://www.downloadsource.net/16286/Tos ... indows-XP/)

martinvienne, Aug 28, 2008
  7. martinvienne

jerodsand

Hi All,

My Lan driver too didn't work with XP. I downloaded the RTL8102e/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC drivers and it works fine now. No more Error 10 in the device manager.

Hopes this helps

jerodsand, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question