A150 will not power up - Orange bat light flashs - Thats all

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by covert, Feb 18, 2009.

1. covert

covert

** I solved the problem while I was typing this, but decided the leave it to help anyone who can momentarily be as stupid as me **

My Aspire one was in Standby and the battery went flat. Green power light was on full with no other response. Pressed and hold on power button was needed to shut the machine down. when I tried to power it back up by pressing the power button the orange battery light flashes 4 quick flashes then a short pause then 4 long flashes. Then nothing. Press and hold power button has the same effect.

Removing the battery and power for 10 minutes then reconnecting does not help.

Plugging in only power with battery removed did not help.

And this is about the time I realized the power pack was not plugged into the mains. :roll: :roll:

covert, Feb 18, 2009
  2. covert

Wallybman

I'm actually having that problem, however, my power cord is plugged into both the wall and the charger, the charger is plugged into the aao, and the aao died while going into hibernate, and it won't charge. I press the power button, and it gives me 4 quick short amber blinks from the charge indicator on the aao, it waits a couple seconds and gives 4 slow long amber blinks from the charge indicator on the aao. The charger itself has a steady green light.

Anyone have any ideas???

Wallybman, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question