a150 boot problem after applying pressure on it

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by danielh, Sep 19, 2010.

1. danielh

danielh

hi guys. This morning i accidentally applied pressure on my closed aspire a150 ( i leaned on it with my hand, not realising it was positioned on the netbook).. I always use the netbook via an external monitor, but when i booted this afternoon i did not get a signal on this monitor. After disconnecting the vga cable i didnt get signal on the netbooks screen either. When i power it up, the power led starts burning, but thats basically all. The processor fan is running at low rpm, and i dont hear the hd cracking as you usually do when booting. So it appears to be hanging right after powering up. I disassembled it, and discovered that the netbook does exactly the same when hd and ram are removed. So only the led after pressing the powerbutton, and the fan running slowly. No backlight on the lcd either by the way. I'm afraid i killed my mainboard, but perhaps someone has different experiences with a similar problem... By the way: how can i kill the mainboard when i slightly lean on a closed laptop. I would expect the screen to get damaged op something :s please help! Thanks

danielh, Sep 19, 2010
  2. danielh

danielh

someone there? :(

danielh, Sep 21, 2010
  3. danielh

Swarvey Moderator

Have you upgraded the RAM? The RAM module could be causing a fault.
    Otherwise I'd say it could just be the usual dead BIOS problem and it might need a blind flash. The problem occurs at random with older BIOS versions.

Swarvey, Sep 21, 2010
  4. danielh

danielh

Indeed I upgraded the memory a few months ago, from the standard 512 to a similar 1024 one. worked perfectly all the time.
    Can you tell me how I can 'blind flash' the bios? I have an other computer + usb drive etc at the moment.

thanks!

danielh, Sep 23, 2010
  5. danielh

danielh

jeez i cant believe it! i found this link http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/08/acer ... overy.html, and it solved my problem! huge coincidence that it was 'just' a bios problem.. where does this problem come from? i assume it happens more often.. big thanks to Swarvey anyway!

danielh, Sep 23, 2010
Ask a Question