A150 availability in UK as 6 cell version

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by paul2129, Oct 2, 2008.

1. paul2129

paul2129

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a bit of advice,
    I thought that I'd finally decided on the model to buy, bieng the a150 in white running windows........ and then I noticed that they're available as a 6 cell in America and Canada. Amazon were no help regarding availability to the UK, Ebay don't (or didn't) seem to have the 6 cell
    Could anyone help me with a 'safe' place to order one from, or if you might know when Acer will be supplying them (if at all) into the UK regular shops ?

I can see I may be spending some time viewing this forum, it looks great !

thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Paul.

paul2129, Oct 2, 2008
  2. paul2129

paul2129

I rang Acer's support line and they told me that they may never sell the 6 cell version in the Uk, he said that there are other differences with the machines sold for canada and us markets.
    He did however tell me that the acer store sells the 6 cell battery which is compatible with uk models bought with a 3 cell standard battery. Having looked on the net again, there are loads of places selling non-manufacturer batteries for around £50, and oem Acer ones for £65-£70

Paul

paul2129, Oct 4, 2008
  3. paul2129

AceRyan

That is a shame they dont offer the 6-cell in the UK. Sounds like u should go with the three cell then get the bigger battery separately from Acer. It is definetly worth it to have the extra battery power. I have been getting about 6 hours with screen at half brightness, wifi on, and streaming from hulu. :D

AceRyan, Oct 4, 2008
  4. paul2129

ramdiane

Or you should go for the Samsung NC10 that is being released in the UK on the 1st November.

It will have the 160gb hard drive, 6 cell battery and comes under a fraction of what you would pay for the Aspire one with 6 cell at £299.

Check it on Play.com

ramdiane, Oct 14, 2008
  5. paul2129

melhiore

Obviously you can also buy 19" Toshiba - will be only a bit bigger... ;)

melhiore, Oct 14, 2008
  6. paul2129

ramdiane

haha nice one!

But seriously it is only a fraction larger and you wouldn't even notice. I played with a similar size MSI wind in Currys and there wasnt much difference...

so it's well worth a look!

ramdiane, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question