A0532h: Cannot find wireless switch

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by kacer, Aug 14, 2010.

1. kacer

kacer

I cannot find a way to physically switch off and on the wireless on my new 532h. I have an older Acer Aspire One and there's a physical switch to turn off the wireless right there in the front. This 532h model doesn't appear to have one, which is a fairly large problem for me. I'm beginning to fear that there is not one and it will be some hotkey combination instead. :cry:

Does anyone know if there is one that is well hidden?

If there isn't one, is there a way to physically disable the wireless function? (not just hotkeys)

kacer, Aug 14, 2010
  2. kacer

bluevolume

Its a function key. And you have to have the Acer ePower software installed (Windows).

You can disable the wireless driver in Device Manager if you want.

bluevolume, Aug 14, 2010
  3. kacer

kacer

Thanks, Bluevolume! As I suspected, it's all software, not hardware disabled. I guess the only way is to take out the wifi card if I want a hardware solution to the problem. I saw something about it on ehow. For anyone who wants to know, it's fn+f2 keys to disable it.

kacer, Aug 14, 2010
  4. kacer

bluevolume

Its actually very easy to remove the wireless card from the 532h if that's what needs to happen. Thankfully, Acer put it under an access panel so you don't have to take the whole machine apart anymore.

bluevolume, Aug 15, 2010
Ask a Question