A weird problem.

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by MrDale93, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MrDale93

MrDale93

Hi,
    I have a strange problem with my laptop, I've been to three different shops about this, and I've spoke to someone I know who worked in a computer shop a few years ago. Nobody seems to know what could be causing this or how to fix it.
    The problem is, if I go into a folder anywhere and right click, I do not get the menu come up. I dont know the name, context menu or something? I've tried right clicking in multiple places. My picture folder, the folder I have for apps such as defrag, VLC, stuff like that, Games, even on program files and other folders. This doesn't happen on my desktop. If I right click there, I still get the grey menu with the options to do stuff, its only in "This PC" and everything after that. Obviously, with this issue, I cant create a shortcut to desktop, I cant eject a USB without going to the taskbar or the menus up at the top of the screen, its limiting.

I've run programs to remove malware, registry repair tools, defrag, and uninstalled stuff I dont use, but I still get this annoyance of an issue. The first shop I went to was Currys. They told me it was unusual and I'd have to send the laptop off at the cost of £60, with a charge of £80 to fix anything that was wrong. The second shop was a local computer charity. They simply hadn't heard of that issue either and wanted to see the laptop to diagnose the issue. The third was CEX, that was more of a question while shopping there, and they told me, and I quote, "that just doesn't happen".

The closest to any real solution I have found is to uninstall programs one by one as it may be an issue with something in the registry. This would be a pain to sort as currently I dont have the wifi to re download everything again, I'm having to use mobile data for everything.

With how this ridiculously annoying this is, I'd love to get a real solution to this, and I'd be that happy I'd see no problem in sitting right clicking things for the rest of the day.

Any help is appreciated,

Dale.

MrDale93, Apr 26, 2019
  2. MrDale93

something back

something back, Apr 26, 2019
  3. MrDale93

MrDale93

Thanks for the help, I've done as you said and I have found the problem. The only problem I have now is I dont know if it is safe for me to delete the extension name causing the issue.
    The issue is the line "CmdLineContextMenu Class", as you can see in the images I've uploaded, Description, Version, product name and so on are all blank compared to everything else having information in these columns. I dont want to delete this if it is going to cause something to mess up even more further down the line, but I also dont want to leave it if it's something that's appeared from a virus or something similar. What would you recommend I do with this?

Thanks for your help, this problem has been bugging me for a long time now and your advice seems to of sorted this problem more than anything else so far.

Attached Files:

MrDale93, Apr 27, 2019
  4. MrDale93

something back

They both say disabled, you have a few choices you can copy them over to say a flash drive just in case you may need them in the future as long as you take a note of the correct folder they came from,you could rename them, and again note the change, or just dispense with them.

something back, Apr 27, 2019
    MrDale93 likes this.
  5. MrDale93

MrDale93

Thankyou, I'll move it to a flash drive then they're stored should I need it in the future. You've been a massive help, thanks once again.

MrDale93, Apr 27, 2019
Ask a Question